There has been a lot of debate among the general population over the use of masks and social distancing. Some even question the seriousness of the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic. I am not here to debate those claims.
While I can do some layman’s research and analysis, like the vast majority of the world I am not an epidemiologist or even a medical professional. So, like most people, I have to chose who am I going to listen to. The news and commentators have plenty to say, but most of them are not in the medical field either.
It is my choice to listen to the experts, the medical organizations, and research universities that have built the medical knowledge we all rely on every day.
They are all unanimous on masks, social distancing, and the seriousness of this pandemic. If you feel you know more than the collective knowledge of the world’s foremost scientists and doctors on these issues, my hat is off to you. Einstein and Leonardo da Vinci would be amazed at you.
For me, I will follow the experts over the politicians.
- Centers for Disease Control
- American Medical Association
- American Hospital Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Public Health Association
- American College of Physicians
- National Medical Association
- American Heart Association
- National Academy of Medicine
- World Health Organization
- British Medical Association
- The British Medical Journal
- Harvard Medical School
- University of Oxford medical school
- University of Cambridge
- Stanford Medicine
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania
- New York University School of Medicine
- Karolinska Institute
- UCLA School of Medicine
- University College London
- Yale School of Medicine
- Imperial College London
- University of California, San Francisco